Monday, November 28, 2011

WEEK 2: Biopsies! Biopsies! Biopsies!

My taxi driver making calls while driving me to appointments

Nothing like a full frontal MRI to jump start your Monday morning (eat your heart out Starbucks, who needs caffeine?!).....Follow me again, if you can....shoved my naked upper body, face down into a tube the size of a PVC pipe..."Would you like some headphones on a Pandora station?" Wow really...hmmmm..."Oh yes, a little Michael Buble please, I just love him and that great old jazz style of his".....headphones on...."Oh my God, take those off! Take those off!" Extremely claustophobic....hyperventilating...NOT ready....silence in the room....breathe....."OK, push me in".....45 minutes later & finally finished with that lovely (and deafening) experience ....sweating....tears rolling down my cheeks....deep breath....OK, done. MOVING ON. Appointment with a breast surgeon who sees the lump by just looking at my breast....performed a needle biopsy in office (damn that hurt!)....back to radiology.....ultrasound needle biopsy....another mammogram....drove home and hid under the covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment