Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day Dad!


Nearly 14 years have passed since I lost my dad yet hardly a day goes by that I don't think about him. And at a time when I really need him, this Father's Day means even more to me. Because honestly, I could really use a big 'ol bear hug from my dad right now along with some of his wonderful wisdom and 'Dad-isms.' Or, maybe just an old fashioned Sunday drive in silence would hit the spot. Better yet, riding horseback through the 'back country' together like we used to would be even better. Whatever the case, I just really miss him and wish he were right by my side when I need him the most. So, to that, I suppose I simply have to believe that he's been by my side this whole time whispering in my ear his standard "I love you two biggers and a whole lot!"

Ditto Dad and Happy Father's Day. xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Happy fathers day :) What a wonderful way your Dad had of saying how much he loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's by your side everyday sister, cuz I know he wouldn't have you go through this alone. Don't forget, YOU have that Barker strength...just like dad! I love you two biggers and a whole lot too!

    ReplyDelete