Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lent 2013: Bite Me Side Effects!


Still falling back on my pre-Hindu, Catholic days, I have decided for the second year in a row, to give up something substantial for Quadragesima (Lent). Last year, I made the commitment to give up cancer, so this year, as you can imagine, my giving-up process is yet again, related to the Big C. So let's get to it shall we?

Still struggling through these blasted side effects and days on end of spending full days and time in bed, that's exactly what I have decided to give up. Not to go against Father O'Neary and the nuns that pressured my young Catholic girl, but screw you pile of side effects! Bite me nausea, joint ache and migraines!

And there you have it, no more side effects! That's what's for Lent. So thanks to the big guy (or gal!) upstairs. I am praying to the side-efects-Gods as I perform my Signum Crucis (that's good 'ol Latin for crossing/blessing oneself on the chest, Catholic style) as I kick off Lent 2013.

So, in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, let's rock 'n roll Lent.

No comments:

Post a Comment