Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day Mom!

If there's one thing I've learned from the many things I've learned this past year, it's that a mother's love can run very deep! My mom, as you can see from these pics, went on a journey with me, that neither one of us anticipated but she hopped on board the crazy-cancer-train a year and a half ago and continues to do all the things we hope a mother will do for a daughter in a time of need. 

From changing drains, holding my hand during so many procedures, buying me 'mastectomy pajamas,' gardening, sitting next to me in that chemo room, wearing crazy hats on Halloween (still sorry I made you do that mom - you're a good sport!), sleeping next to me on the couch because I couldn't make it upstairs and to cutting my short hair - she has been right there by my side. I never asked for any of it (except for the hair cut - I trusted NO ONE else!) and she just continued to dish it out day, after week, after month.

On top of all of this, she has done it all in love, gentleness, and an open heart and no complaints! And I'm not a mom, but I can't imagine her journey of watching her 'baby' go through this third round of cancer. But instead, she was steadfast in her sweetness and love and forged on in the most motherly way possible.

So, this is my promise to you mom. I will ALWAYS be there for you, be by YOUR side and love you with open arms. I will be forever grateful for you and to you, for your love and for your friendship. And I hope in some small way, you will feel my love, kindness, gentleness and friendship in return. But, most of all, I will always love you "two biggers and a whole lot!"

I love you Mom and I'm so glad you're mine! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment