Thursday, January 30, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Scared As Hell!


The title of this post says it all. And I do, very much so, recall this day of going into the Cancer Center of Santa Barbara for my very first chemo. Smiles as usual, but underneath it all, I was scared out of my head about what was about to go down in my cancer history. Looking back on it today, I have come to realize that not knowing what lie ahead of me was probably a good thing. I mean really, who needs to know that they're about to sit in a chair for nearly 7 hours getting shot up with toxic, yet life-saving chemicals, have a severe allergic reaction to one of the drugs, and then go home to a chemo coma for the next 10 days without recalling hardly anything. Seriously?! Nobody needs to know that. And that my friends, is why ignorance is bliss!

2 comments:

  1. Ignorance is bliss - that can be so true at times. And it's also why I'm amazed at those who go back in again for chemo, knowing the challenge to come. ~Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Catherine! I would most likely be even more nervous about going in for more chemo with what I know today. I read all the forms that were given to me but some things you just have to experience - hopefully only once in a lifetime!

      Delete