Sunday, January 6, 2013

Herceptin #13: Lucky 13!


LUCKY 13! That's what I'm calling this one. Full of brightness, sunshine, good friends and love. Doesn't get any better than that. And while 2012 may have been looming over me and my health like a hawk, I still cannot express enough, the gratitude I have for my 'Pac-Man Medicine' munching away in my internal arcade of cells fighting against that Herceptin gene protein with Blinky, Pinky, Inky and Clyde eating away and obliterating the bad guys as they attempt to roam through the maze of my cellular structure. Simply said, I feel victorious with each treatment (insert Pac-Man music here!).

                                           Me, Zeb, Sydney                                            Hil, Me, Zeb, Sydney, Julie-Bunny

Adding to my 'Lucky 13' theme of this treatment were visits from my gal-pals which spread like joy from the chemo room to the cancer center parking lot. While Zeb and Sydney have remained a steady source of inspiration for me as we have all sat in those chemo chairs over the past couple of years, the ongoing support of Hil and Julie-Bunny remains a major cornerstone of these treatments.

So, I pronounce yet again, my thanks and gratitude to Buddha, the Universe and the Herceptin Gods. They really are on my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment