Sunday, October 20, 2013

A Stupid Dumb Breast Cancer Knockdown!


One of my fave breast friends Ann Marie Giannino-Otis, over at Stupid Dumb Breast Cancer is going the distance once again by taking a jab at breast cancer on the cover of Syracuse Women Magazine. Her cover story of course, not only details her effervescent personality and warrior ways, but her philanthropic means of helping others through the world of cancer. She has a strong following and holds fun and purposeful events on a monthly basis for her non-profit Stupid Dumb Breast Cancer - SDBC (her son's name for breast cancer).

When I first came across Ann Marie on her Twitter page I almost "fell off my unicorn" (her words, not mine) reading all of her tweets. With kind words, hilarious sayings and her fundraising efforts, I was hooked!

Keeping it real, meaningful and sassy, Ann Marie will stop at nothing when it comes to advocating for herself and others. Insisting that people know the real side of the breast cancer journey, her posts on the SDBC Facebook page are guaranteed to be full of left hooks and power punches. I've seen her take on numerous people making light of this journey and she'll have no part of it. Sassy but heartfelt, she'll take on anyone that attempts to knock down any of her girls and followers.

So, follow her, like her (she's VERY likable!) and get to know the real side of breast cancer - pictures and all! And if you cross her, you can be sure that she'll challenge you to a round of You vs. Stupid Dumb Breast Cancer and Knock.You.Out!




1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading what you all have to say...

    disease

    ReplyDelete