Sunday, December 4, 2011

Giuliana Rancic: "AMAZEBALLS!"


Giuliana's photo courtesy of style-code.blogspot

I don't know what came over me this morning, but hearing that Giuliana Rancic (E! News host) was going in for a double mastectomy literally lit a fire under my 'arse!' I nearly flew out of bed, showered at lightning speed and quickly combed my closet for something green to wear to my surgical and genetic counseling appointments (even down to my socks!). And no, it wasn't St. Patrick's day, but a color that I had heard of during my first BC diagnosis that was connected to healing.

But seriously? Green? Why not purple (my all time fave color) or maybe even white (no, don't want white or a long tunnel with someone calling my name from the other end. Change my mind!). ANYWAY, my point - I just knew I had to wear green in order to take back my life and have the bold mindset to hear good news because, afterall, I am the boss of me! Ironically, my geneticist also happened to be wearing green today too! See what I'm saying, green was conspiring with me.

So hats off to 'G!' Someone I have never met but, someone living a paralleled universe to mine during this crazy ride of breast cancer. Thanks for the dose of inspiration! Boy-howdee did I need some. And P.S., as you've already read, I am BRCA 1 and 2 NEGATIVE!! Woot! Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment