Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hospital Milestones...

Seems like weeks ago since I arrived at the hospital for surgery at 6:30am to rid my body of breast cancer once and for all. With my Dream Team and family in tow, I walked into the medical/surgery unit with some apprehension and came out with some of that Barker determination to carry me through the next few days. Surrounded by my family, friends and my 'Dynamic Duo' (Dr. Grafton & Dr. Soares), I was determined to get going on the healing process. Sitting up in bed, walking laps around the halls, sitting up in a chair to be examined by my surgeons and getting a congratulatory hug from my mom, life moves on. Drains or no drains, it's time to get the next phase of this show on the road.

disclosure: this posting is me on drugs so I can not be held responsible for anything that's written.

3 comments:

  1. You are a ROCK STAR!!

    Glad you came through surgery well and are now on the road to recovery. Can't wait to give you a "hollywood hug"- you know, the kind where bodies don't meet ;-)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that. You ROCK,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I come in way late and say AWESOME! Thanks for this blog, thanks thanks thanks. You are amazingly wonderful.

    ReplyDelete