Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saying Goodbye to My Mom


I don't care how old you are or how independent you are from your parents, we still need them in the toughest and darkest times. So, when it came time for my mom to leave after almost 2 weeks, I just couldn't hold back the tears. I knew she needed to go but plain and simple, I just didn't want to let go of her. She helped nurse me back through one of the most emotionally and physically difficult times of my life. She helped me get up, sit down, changed my drains, propped my pillows, fed me, went to doctor's appointments with me, slept on the couch next to me because I couldn't make it upstairs, gave Hil the breaks she desperately needed, woke up every 2-4 hrs. to check on me, walked me to the bathroom and gave me my medicine. But mainly, she just nurtured and loved me with her constant hugs and sitting next to me even when I was sleeping with just holding my hand. I still shed a tear every day because I miss her so much and am so grateful for her. How can a daughter ever say thank you to a mom for simply being a mom. There are no words to express my gratitude. So for now, I simply say an eternal thank you mom, I love you and I look forward to our nightly Skype chat to say goodnight.

3 comments:

  1. (tears in my eyes) Your mom loves and nurtures you b/c that is what helps her get thru this time too. I am so SO SO glad that you had each other in this time. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also---great job to Hil for capturing this beautiful moment and I love love love that Romeo is in the shot:) Ever watchful guard dog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's the best! I did the same thing after she stayed with us after I had Kayla. I stood in the driveway in my pajamas crying!

    ReplyDelete